Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Thoughts...

For several years I've been encouraging myself to write more.  I like the idea of communicating my ideas and preserving my thoughts, which seem to disappear as quickly as they materialize.  However, while the concept of writing is very inspiring, the act of putting "pen to paper" (so to speak) is the most difficult of tasks for a procrastinator such as myself.

At the end of this month, June 30th, a mere 18 days away, I'll be departing on a week long bike trek from Boise to points east - hopefully Laramie, WY, or Fort Collins, CO.  This is part of a larger tour organized by my buddy Dave who plans to continue on to St Louis, MO.  I'm hoping that this adventure is what inspires me to write, or to better to continue to write, in the hopes that (a) I have something interesting to say, and (b) years later I'll have a picture of words to describe what I saw.

Stay tuned for comments about bikes, politics, people, places, and nonsense..  or possibly nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment